Colorado continually ranks among the 10 healthiest states in the country according to the United Health Foundation. Though our aggregate rating is eighth, we still have the lowest rates for obesity and diabetes in the United States. That’s a good start, but there’s room for improvement. From physical to emotional well being, self-care … Read More...
- Longmont-area events for Friday, Oct. 20, 2017Thousands of books, audio/visual items, gift books and special features will be filling every nook and cranny of the Longmont Public Library's meeting rooms, conference room and hallways.
- Seicento Baroque Ensemble revives German music from 1600sSeicento Baroque Ensemble opens its two-concert season this weekend in Boulder, Longmont and Denver. The opening program celebrates the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, which would generate some of the most immortal music in the repertoire, including the vast sacred output of J. S. Bach in the early 18th century. The idea behind the […]
- Halloween guide to activities in Longmont, Boulder, LovelandAt Creepy Walk in the Woods, co-creator Kitty Wild has learned some things about scaring people. She found, for example, that clowns had a big effect on people, and chainsaws were the easiest way to make people run. Wild and other Halloween-season volunteers and actors are getting ready to scare the daylights out of their […]
- Longmont-area faith briefs for Oct. 20, 2017Pastor Greg Mileski will address the topic, "How does our faith translate into political positions and action?" at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
- Pondering the Pint: 'How to Brew,' made easyAn eminently easy entrée to the fermented malt arts is the recently updated fourth edition of "How to Brew: Everything You Need to Know to Brew Great Beer Every Time," by John J. Palmer. In nearly 600 pages, Palmer speaks to the beginner as well as the seasoned home brewer looking to refine techniques and […]